Saturday, September 12, 2009

Undedited Journals of What I Was Considering in the Nascent Pursuit of Literature

From school year 2002-2003:

FIND HER
PROMISE HER
TWIGHLIGHT DAYS
NEVER GLISTEN
WITHOUT YOUR SHINY FACE
GET KICKS
GRAB GIRLS
OFFEND MORMONS




She sings somlemnly in a yellow head.
Your blind side troubles few
For they've never heard you sing
Only ones that see love you anyway.


Moscow's abandoned
its spectacle turned bliss.
What once was full dogmatic,
now houses free-thinkers.


A bare heavy beat
when water lifts its sovreign height
and its iron ore can no longer
succeed in what it came to build.


A note to a friend during class:

We have to change our dumb blonde
class thinking into discussion thinking.
I'll disagree with something and
you agree no matter how crazy
it sounds, okay?

However in the evening
turned a departed wing,
in a week it goes ape.


Lonely muse of intellect,
where are your followers,
where are your cuddlers?


7/13/2003
You wake up lacking rhetorical ability.
You can't perceive images, they have no value
until the night casts upon your brain,
your brain experienced from day.
It is better never to sleep.

7/21/2003
This year, this year will be madness,
constant nights in endless thought.

Pandemonium, blossoming night
. . . things will see straight again
for now it's down to dreams,
wrecked and harmonized,
swinging forth, uncontrolled and swift.

Winter/Spring 2003-2004

The nieghbors, taking notice of my
flower-picking, scolded me and
told me to leave. I grabbed another and vanished,
rubbing them on my body. It hardly
does any good, that smell always
linguers. It's infinitely better just
to drink and be drunk.


Almost as if there are no correct
answers and everyone has their own
interpretations.


Love. What is love?
Incessant caresses,
painful goodbyes.



There's more, next time.

4 comments:

  1. Lonely muse of intellect,
    where are your followers,
    where are your cuddlers?


    That was my favorite part. I also like the lines about 2003 being the year for madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I like your poetry, I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit. You've got some great words going on here. Happy to follow you. I'll be back...

    ~~William.

    ReplyDelete